Question
Posted by: muffin | 2004/10/26

food for 1 year old

My daughter is 13 months. She has cereal and milk for breakfast, veggies and chicken/meat for lunch with rice or pasta( I freeze these for her) and I am always at a loss as to what to give for supper. ANy ideas? I usually try finger foods like blocks of cheese, mini tomatoes, sliced banana and viennas, but I am sure it gets boring!

Dear Muffin
Infants do not get bored with what they eat, it is the adults who think they do. You can also include yoghurt, pureed fruits and vegetables, a small helping of porridge (infants do not yet associate certain foods with certain meals) and steamed fish. Click on 'Child' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read the articles on 'Diets for Toddlers'.