Question
Posted by: Sick&Tired | 2005/07/27

Food Allergies

Where can I have a food allergy test done? Trial and error is not working. I suffer from headaches & migraines and acne at the age of 37. I have tried just about everything (the rest I'm not prepared to try). In the UK these tests are offered, there is even a home test kit that only requires a few drops of blood.

Expert ImageArchive

We have a blood test that tests for all sorts of different allergens, including food and allergens that you inhale. I would suggest though that you see a doctor or even a headache specialist (there is one under the experts). There are a few different types of headaches with causes that may be treatable. It is therefore important that the correct diagnosis be made first. You should see a dermatologist for your acne problem. The allergy tests are relatively expensive and should only be requested if clinically indicated. If you however feel strongly about doing it, you are wellcome to request it at one of our labs.

1
Posted by: Sick&Tired | 2005/08/04

Thanks for the input. Where headache clinics, specialists, dermatologists etc are concerned, I have been there & done that 100 times over!! My headaches & acne & all other ailments are simply put down to stress and I'm often told to take very expensive, long term medication with worse side effects than the original problem. I'm now going it alone, hence the food allergy test.

Reply to Sick&Tired