Question
Posted by: Kevin | 2004/09/28

Food Allergies

I've been diagnosed as allegic to cows milk, refined white wheat and rye. If I just avoid products containing these things, in whatever form, and carry on eating my normal diet (fish/meat/veggies/fruit) am I eating ok, or should I be taking any supplements?

Dear Kevin
If you eat fruit and vegetables, meat, fish, rice, maize and other cereals which do not contain wheat or rye, then you should be ok, except for your calcium intake. Try using a calcium supplement such as Calcium Sandoz or Caltrate to supply you with the calcium you require.