Question
Posted by: Dave | 2004/01/25

Food

Hi I usaully eat very healthy!!! But the other day i just had a urge to eat lots of bad fast food, lots!!!! I go To the gym 5-6 days a week. Would this have any affect on my wieght etc. Thanks for your time!

Dear Dave
It is perfectly normal to sometimes eat what is classed as 'junk food'. As long as you don't eat this type of high-fat food regularly, there is no harm in the occasional lapse. If you are doing a great deal of exercise then you need to make provision for a high-carbohydrate diet to provide you with sufficient ready energy to sustain this amount of activity. Cravings can be indicative that your body is starved of carbohydrate, which when eaten in the unsifted, unprocessed form does not lead to weight gain. Also use an energy drink before, during and after exercise (Energade, Powerade) to replenish depleted energy stores.