Posted by: penny | 2008/09/23

followup - query 355 2/9/2008

Hi. With reference to your advise on query 355 on the 2/9/2008 - I changed my dogs food, put her on protexin. It has helped a little bit, but she still passes the egg white poo. Every now and then she is very nauseous and brings up yellow bile. She is not active and seems to sleep a lot. Her breath also smells. I have checked her teeth - all are fine. Is there anything else you can recommend.

Dear Penny

Only option left is to go and see a good vet or even a specialist.

Posted by: Chill | 2008/09/23

From your initial post it seems you have already consulted your vet. Perhaps it' s time to go back again, and take with you a small amount of (fresh) poo, and ask them to do a faecal analysis. Also, you may like to get them to do a blood workup - this would cost you a bit - around R600 or so, depending on which pathologists they use - but it really does give you a lot of information about the dog' s overall state of health, including things like kidney function, etc.
Depending on the outcome you may then decide to change to a prescription diet, to see if that makes a difference.

If you feel that your vet has reached the end of his or her repertoire, you may like to consider consulting a veterinary specialist - again, not very cheap, but quite possibly money well spent.

See what the cvet says... and keep us posted!

Reply to Chill