Question
Posted by: snowy | 2004/10/15

follicules in ovaries

My previous message refers. I subsequently tested with the home care pregnancy kit and it was negative. I visited my gynae yesterday qwho also ruled out a pregnancy. He did tell me there are follicules in my ovaries, this can often slow down a period ie. prevention ovulation. Can you please give me more information on these follicules as it is the first time i have heard about his. Does this mean I am nearing menopause? Yes, I should have asked my gynae but I only thought of this afterwards.

It probably means you have polycystic ovaries- a hormonal condition that can be controlled and treated. It probably means you not ovulating regularly either.