Question
Posted by: Confused | 2007/06/06

Follicle size before Pregnyl

Hi Doctor

What is the minimum size a follicle must be before trigger shot is administered & IUI done?

I recently went for an IUI and on Cycle Day 10 I had one follicle measuring 17mm and an endometrium of 6mm. I was given the trigger shot that evening and had the IUI on the next two consecutive days. Only now do I read about other people's follicles being 20 and 22mm before insemination. Needless to say I'm totally confused and your advice would be appreciated.

Dear Confused

The currently advised trigger size is 19-20mm for IUI.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2007/06/07

With my FS my follicle has to be 18mm or higher with a lining of above 9mm, not sure what protocol ur FS is following but you may have been given the trigger a tad early.

Reply to Dee