Question
Posted by: farah | 2005/11/23

folic acid & petrix supplement explain the benefits

i have recently visited my gynae and was told to take folic acid and petrix supplement(white & brown tablet) since i am trying to conceive please can you advise what are the benefits of these tablets.it would be of great help to me

Expert ImagePharmacist

Folic acid, a B vitamin, helps prevent birth defects of the brain and spinal cord when taken very early in pregnancy. It is available in most multivitamins, as a folic acid-only supplement and in some foods.
The petrix product that you are referring to is probably a multivit formulated for pregnancy - This will supplement all the vitamins and mineral you need, but in quantities that is safe for baby.