Posted by: Sally | 2004/10/11

Folic Acid for Men

Can you tell me,I know its a vitamin but can my husband take folic acid too. Will it help with his sperm or is it more for the women to take the pill for the forming of the baby.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Mostly for women to prepare the body before pregnancy. No effect on male or female fertility

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Pokkel | 2004/10/11

I have read on a men's fertility site that the man should also take folic acid with his lady when ttc.
The male sperm production needs folic acid to produce good sperm, and we don't have enough folic accid in our diets to provide with all the folic acid needed.
My hubby takes the folic acid with me each morning.

Folic acid for the ladies assists in the development of the spine in the newly formed baby, and reduce the changes of spina bonifida (not exactly sure of the spelling)

Good luck, and take your folic acid.

Reply to Pokkel
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/10/11

As far as i know folic acid is for women as it improves the health of the baby. HOwever your hubby can take staminogrow which is a vitamin that will improve his sperm. Staminogrow is available from any pharmacy.

Reply to Shirls

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.