Question
Posted by: Natural Pregnancy | 2007/06/25

Folic acid during pregnancy

Is there any other way I can get folic acid other than taking the pills that doctor says I must take. I am very aware of how important it is to take these during my pregnancy but I wondered if there were other alternatives to pills.

I don't take medication of any kind- ( for more than 5 years) so it's going to be transition for me if there's no other way.

So I have spoken to doctors but I'm actually looking for a Natural doctor/gynae to go to.

Expert ImageNatural health

Here is a general guideline of folic acid contents in food. But allot of the food is depleted in nutrients therefor you might not be getting the exact quantity you need. SA soil is nearly depleted in zinc and selenium therefor supplementation is the only.

Dietary Sources of Folic Acid

(mcg of Folic Acid per 100 grams)

Algae: Chlorella
Cereal Grains: Wheat Bran 195 Barley 50
Oatmeal 33 Wheat Germ 305
Dairy Foods: Milk (Cow's) Cottage Cheese
Eggs: Egg Yolks
Fruit: Bananas 19 Watermelon
Cantaloupe Blackberries 14
Oranges 5 Figs 32
Loganberries Pineapple
Strawberries Dates 25
Boysenberries Apricot
Legumes: Lima Beans Soya Beans 225
Kidney Beans 180 Mung Beans 145
Navy Beans 125 Chick Peas 110
Lentils 105 Split Peas 50
Lima Beans 130
Meat: Beef Liver - Beef 295
Nuts: Peanuts 56 Coconut 28
Pecan Nuts 27 Walnuts 77
Almonds 45
Poultry: Chicken
Seafood: Oysters Salmon
Vegetables: Cucumber Cabbage 32
Potato Asparagus
Avocado 30 Brussels Sprouts 49
Beans-Green 28 Mushrooms 25
Kale 70 Okra
Cauliflower Pumpkin
Broccoli 53 Corn 28
Spinach 75 Watercress
Leeks
Dr Debbie

2
Posted by: Liz | 2007/07/12

I'm sure you know what Barley green is, so why don't you take Aim's Barleylife. It is a fantastic natural product to use and all family members can use it from your infant to your grandmother. It is also very good to use while breast feeding. Read more about it on Mary Ann Shearer's website or phone Aim Barleylife directly.

Reply to Liz
Posted by: Natural pregnancy | 2007/06/26

I bought Some Folic Acid Forte yesterday. I'm debating taking it. I know it's my decision. But how does it fair with natural supplements. Would you classify it okay as natural? What supplements would you recommend?

Reply to Natural pregnancy