Question
Posted by: Nica | 2007/04/25

Folic acid

I am not pregnant but as from yesterday am not on any contraceptive.
My doctor told me to take folic acid but will it be fine to take Pregnavit M in conjunction with Folic Acid Forte which contains the same amount of folic acid as well as more Vit B and Vit C (200mg)?

Is there any other vitamin that I should be taking such as omega 3 and 6 for good development of the baby's central nervous system?

You can take Pregnavit M on its own. It contains folic acid. Omega 3 is also a good idea.

2
Posted by: K | 2007/04/26

I think the only vitamin you have to be careful about is Vitamin A. I believe you can get too much of that.. The folic acid promotes healthy neural tube development....

Reply to K
Posted by: Nix | 2007/04/25

i was told to take Omega 3, apparently it's excellent for the childs brain development, they did a study and found that mothers who did take omega 3 or eat loads of fish during pregnancy had childern that were alot brighter then those of mothers who didn't. also listening to classical music was also found very benefical. good luck.

Reply to Nix