Question
Posted by: Euw | 2004/03/08

FOLIC ACID

Hi ALL,

Pls, need some advice ... have been taking folic acid as recommended when trying to conceive, but find that it makes me very light-headed and dizzy .... fellow female collegues have confirmed that it could be the folic acid ... is this true, and if so, how can I overcome this constant light-headedness?

I have not heard of folic acid causing light-headedness. See that you eat regular meals throughout the day. This might be the cause.

3
Posted by: Ella | 2004/03/08

I'm taking Folic Acid now, but have never had your symptoms. I think the best will just be to visit your gynae and do some bloodtests.

Cheerio
ella

Reply to Ella
Posted by: Wendy | 2004/03/08

I have to agree with Kate on this one. Folic Acid is part of the B vitamin group and shouldn't make you dizzy and is very important in pregnancy to prevent Spina Bifia amongst other things.

Reply to Wendy
Posted by: Kate | 2004/03/08

I have never heard of folic acid having this affect on someone.

It is very important to take, when you fall pregnant your baby will need it.

Reply to Kate