Question
Posted by: Tiekie | 2005/11/17

Fogive my spelling

My husband is going to see a reumathologist.

He suffers from bad gout and diet and meds don't help.

Has anyone heard of such a specialist ?

Yes, sounds like just the right specialist for him A Rheumatologist is a speciialist physician, specializing in diseases affecting the joints, like all forms of arthritis, including gout.

5
Posted by: Banana | 2005/11/17

Pleasure Tiekie,

Hope that was of some help to you.

Reply to Banana
Posted by: Frosty | 2005/11/17

Haai ou Tiekie. Nog nooit van 'n spesialis genaamd "meds" gehoor nie jong. Jammer, maar hoekom wil hy nie help nie?

Reply to Frosty
Posted by: Tiekie | 2005/11/17

Thank you bananananana!

Reply to Tiekie
Posted by: banana | 2005/11/17

sorryTiekie, forgot to add that basically a rhuematologist is a specialist physician that deals with outo immune diseases and joint problems specifically.

Reply to banana
Posted by: The original banana | 2005/11/17

Yes Tiekie, I have being seeing one of those for about 6 years, I dont have gout tho, I suffer from SLE, the gp thats refering him may well think that it isn't gout which is why they are sending him to the rhuematologist, the will do all kinds of test, take xrays etc to make sure of what is exactly wrong, a rhuematologist also somtimes operates if necessary, well the one I see does anyway, but if you go online am sure you wil be able to find out a lot more information. I do know that my doc really helped me and I don't have aches and pains that I used too.

Reply to The original banana