Posted by: Tiekie | 2005/11/17

Fogive my spelling

My husband is going to see a reumathologist.

He suffers from bad gout and diet and meds don't help.

Has anyone heard of such a specialist ?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

Yes, sounds like just the right specialist for him A Rheumatologist is a speciialist physician, specializing in diseases affecting the joints, like all forms of arthritis, including gout.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Banana | 2005/11/17

Pleasure Tiekie,

Hope that was of some help to you.

Reply to Banana
Posted by: Frosty | 2005/11/17

Haai ou Tiekie. Nog nooit van 'n spesialis genaamd "meds" gehoor nie jong. Jammer, maar hoekom wil hy nie help nie?

Reply to Frosty
Posted by: Tiekie | 2005/11/17

Thank you bananananana!

Reply to Tiekie
Posted by: banana | 2005/11/17

sorryTiekie, forgot to add that basically a rhuematologist is a specialist physician that deals with outo immune diseases and joint problems specifically.

Reply to banana
Posted by: The original banana | 2005/11/17

Yes Tiekie, I have being seeing one of those for about 6 years, I dont have gout tho, I suffer from SLE, the gp thats refering him may well think that it isn't gout which is why they are sending him to the rhuematologist, the will do all kinds of test, take xrays etc to make sure of what is exactly wrong, a rhuematologist also somtimes operates if necessary, well the one I see does anyway, but if you go online am sure you wil be able to find out a lot more information. I do know that my doc really helped me and I don't have aches and pains that I used too.

Reply to The original banana

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.