Question
Posted by: ROSEBUD | 2008/01/04

FOETAL MOVEMENT& MEDICINES DURING PREG

I HAVE HYPERTENSION AND I AM 30 WEEKS PREGNANT. I HAVE BEEN DRINKING HYPOTONE AND ECOTRIN AND TOGETHER WITH PRATSIOL FOR MY BLOOD PRESSURE. I'VE BEEN TAKING THESE TABLETS FROM THE BEGINNING AS WELL AS CALCIUM,VITAMIN AND IRON TABLETS.MY BP IS PERFECTLY UNDER CONTROL NOW, I WANTED TO KNOW IF MY BABY WILL BE HARMED IN ANY WAY BY THESE TABLETS. ALSO MY BABY DOESN'T MOVE AS MUCH ANYMORE. I FEEL MOVEMENTS HERE AND THERE DURING THE DAY AND SOMEDAYS ITS MORE THAN OTHERS. IS THIS NORMAL SEEING AS HOW I'M 30 WEEKS ALREADY OR DO I HAVE REASON TO BE CONCERNED? PLEASE HELP

These medications are safe in pregnancy. Movements do tend to change later in pregnancy and become less vigorous but should still be frequent. Sit down and concentrate on the movements for half an hour 3 times a day. There should be at least 10 movements per day.