Question
Posted by: Lala | 2008/02/04

Foaming mouth

Saturday night something really strange happened. My Female Alsation X Chow X Lab. came running into the house with a foaming mouth. It was terrible. Saliva would just drip out of her mouth. We got a fright and thought she might have been poisoned. So I immediately gave her about a Litre milk (heard that milk neutralizes poison??) which she drank. About an hour later the foaming were gone. She did look a bit off colour but then at 3am, she was full of life when I got up to check on her. She thought its playtime. And she doesnt show any signs of sickness what so ever.

Any idea what might have caused the foaming around her mouth?

It is possible that she sniffed at or licked a frog. This often causes foaming at the mouth. If she is back to herslf that is probably nothing to be concerned about.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2008/02/04

She probably picked up a frog - they exude a deterrent which causes this reaction.

Reply to Chill