Question
Posted by: Shell | 2008/06/11

Flying with possibly prem babies

I am a surro mom currently pregnant with twins. Im in CT and the Parents in Mpumalanga. Our concern would be that the twins are born early and was wondering if it would be safe for the parents to fly back home with prem newborns.

Thanks in advance!

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Shell
Depending on how soon the twins arrive and what their condition is like, they may or may not be able to fly. We prefer keeping them at the hospital of birth untill they are stable before transporting them. Your attending pediatrician will be able to tell you whether their condition allows for them to be transported.
Welma

1
Posted by: Kym | 2008/06/12

I know I was only given the OK to fly with a prem when he was 9 months old. Before that my pedea recommended driving

Reply to Kym