Question
Posted by: Stacey | 2012/03/05

Fluctuationg Weight

Why does my weight fluctuate all day sometimes uo to 2kgs a day . I drink water , i eat a very healthy balanced diet and i exercide ( 3 days a week bootcamp and gym on other 2 days - if i make gym ) but for months actually my whole life almost my weight can change upto 3kgs in a day , can start day at 49kg , then end day at 52kg or even the other way round start 52 and end 49. I am within my BMI and this happend all during the month

Dear Stacey
The fact that your weight fluctuates from day to day and also from morning to night is perfectly normal and is usually due to changes in the water content of the body and/or hormonal changes (usually in pre-menopausal women), dietary factors and even how much rest and relaxation you get during the day! This also the reason why we advise the public NOT to weigh themselves more than once a week and to do the weighing in the morning after emptying the bladder. Weighing yourself many times a day and per week can drive one dilly because it can seem that you are constantly gaining weight, whereas most of these changes are due to changes in water not fat.
Keep up the good work with the exercise and try weighing yourself once a week.

3
Posted by: Stacey | 2012/03/06

Thanks i only do it because i thought there was someting wrong with me :)

thanks

Reply to Stacey
Posted by: Bongi | 2012/03/06

It might be water. From what I have read, water does that because real weight (fat) takes longer to manifest. If you eat a burger now, it won''t turn into weight (fat) now - it must be digested firts ... and and and... Real weight gain is gradual just like losing is gradual. That''s why it is better not to weigh every day, just weigh once a week. Google some articles, you''ll see.

Reply to Bongi

Dear Stacey