Question
Posted by: Ray | 2007/03/09

FLU VIRUS & FATIGUE

I had flu more than 3 weeks ago - GP has precribed 2 courses of antibiotics and I have just completed the 2nd. However, a post nasal drip, sore throat and irritating cough persist (not chronic). I am also very fatigued.

Could these be post - flu symptoms and should I ask for blood tests or an xray since the problem has not resolved ?

Dear Ray
coughing post-flu can persist for a few weeks and the tiredness could also be the result of the infection. However, if you still have yellow to green sputum or cough up coloured phlegm and your fever is still above normal, this has not yet subsided. Try taking Moducare, Immunochoice, Viral choice C or Echinacea to boost your immunity.