Question
Posted by: Lynne | 2005/07/04

Flu like symptoms

Dear Doc

For over a month now, I've had a very sore throat, coughing up green and frothy stuff etc. I haven't been to see a doctor because I feel fine generally. Ever other day, I feel sick but then wake up in the morning and I'm fine again. I've also had an eye infection which I've got OTC drops for and this also dissappears for a few days and then comes right back. Could this be related to my cold/flu. Kind of feel fine for two days and sick for one. This has been going on for over a month. I've been taking Viral choice, echinacae tablets, flu pills and nurofen and all is fine for a day or two and then sick again. Any advice. Thank you in advance.

Lynne, it sounds like you’re fighting a flu and not getting over it completely. The green frothy stuff is a bit worrying and if it is accompanied by a fever the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.