Question
Posted by: blue | 2004/11/02

flu like symptoms

three weeks ago I was diagnosed with flu, bronchitis, finished medication still ill, went back and got stronger medication. Finished the medication and still not well. My legs, body sore, sore throat, cough and fever spells all over again. , should I see a different doctor?? I feel okay for a day or two but then back to same old flu symptoms??? Please advise!!

Blue, it sounds like your doctor made the right diagnosis and that you’re just a bit unlucky and not getting better as fast as you hoped. You have to remember that the flu is caused by a virus and that we don’t really have effective medication against it. That said, I suppose there is no harm in seeing a different doctor for a second opinion. Good luck.