Question
Posted by: muffin | 2003/03/20

flu injection

I am 3 months pregnant - is it advisable to have a flu injection?

Can I still ride rollercoasters??

Rollercoaters are out.
The flu vaccine should be avoided in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. Thereafter, it is not clear whether it may be harmful to the fetus or not. It is probably safe, though there have been a few reports of adverse effects. Flu injections are only really essential for the elderly and people with suppressed immunity so, if you are young and healthy, you would have to way up the risk of getting flu ( and probably not having too much of a problem with it), versus the possible (very small) risk of harm with the flu vaccine.