Question
Posted by: CHESTY but not keen on ANTIBIOTICS! | 2005/07/14

FLU GONE ONTO CHEST

My man had flu, and I picked it up on Monday. It was kind of just upper respiratory but has now gone onto my chest. I'm asthmatic so this usually happens. What I'd like to know are there any meds I can get over the counter that will help, before rushing off to the doctor for anitibiotics. I know this can turn into bronchitis quickly. Can you take anything in the place of an antibiotic? I have a tightish chest (using reliever more), cough (chest burning when coughing), headache, bit of a temp and phlegm that is not quite yellow yet. Anything I can take and do before resorting to antibiotics or not? Can Locabiotol spray work for my chest, the chemist said I can try it. The reason I am so off antibiotics as they were prescribed regularly for me and it took me a year of hell to get rid of candida. As soon as I take them its back and the supplements (good bacteria) they give you with it don't work for me at all. I know that symptomatic treatment for flu or colds doesn't work for me because I know my own chest, but if I can take anything to cure the infection other than antibiotics I would be really happy.
Thanks for your time Doc.

Chesty, if it hasn’t become worse by the time you receive this reply, you’ll probably be OK. The Locabiotal® will have no effect on your lungs but taking lost of fluids and bed rest might just do the trick. Just don’t wait too long to start taking an antibiotic because being an asthmatic, the odds are stacked against you. Good luck.