Question
Posted by: Sam | 2007/08/26

FLU DIZZINESS and ANXIETY

Cybershrink,

For the past ttwo days now, I feel miserable with this nasty chesty coughs and miserable feeling. But what is strange is that, everytime I cough to take out the phlegm, I feel dizzy, even if it is a small cough, and my stomach also feels like weak. I am eating fine, no problems with that. And as soon as I cough this dizziness comes on and I feel all anxious

Anxiety can make one feel dizzy, and dizziness can make one feel anxious, but there's also an effect called "Cough Syncope", in which for complictaed reasons of one's notmal physiology, one's Blood Pressure may drop briefly when one is coughing significantly, and this can make one feel dizzy, and one may even faint. Maybe something soothing for the cough, reducing it's frequency and increasing it's efficiency, could help.