Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2007/12/05

FLU - 23w pregnant

Hi doc,
Just some advice on Tibb Flu Relief. I got those at the pharmacy last night, and just want to know is it safe to use during pregnancy, and what about Guerenca C?? (Spell) Im 23 w pregnant

Dear Lisa
You will have to ask the natural expert - I am not knowledgable in all the natural ingredients in the capsules and am always hesitant to allow pregnant patients to use herbal products as many of the herbs can be harmful.
Tibbs contains:
Swertia chirata 300 mg
Tinospora cordifolia 150 mg
Alstonia scholaris 150 mg
Cyperus rotundus 120 mg
Melia azadirachta 90 mg
Ocimum sanctum 90 mg
Cassia angustifolia 60 mg
Leucas cephalotus 60 mg
Pichrorrhiza kurroa 60 mg
Fumaria officinalis 60 mg
Aconitum ferox (purified) 30 mg
Piper nigrum 24 mg
Aconitum hetereophyllum 12 mg
Andrographis paniculata 12 mg
Pongamia pinnata 6 mg

Guronsan C contains high levels of caffeiene which is not good for the baby - rather use a multivitamin for pregnant women like Pregamil.

1
Posted by: Sandie | 2016/04/11

Hi doc I am 15weeks pregnant i want to the phamarmacy this morning they give me Tibbs chest-eeze,tibb flu-relief I have flu.,is it safe for pregnant women

Reply to Sandie