Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/19


HI, when on is generally sick and has the flu or some other bacterial infection like sinus issues/bronchitis, the doc normally sends get the nurse to give you an injection most of the time to help treat the infection. Im wondering if you could tell me exactly what type of injection is given in these cases by GP' s and what the injection consists of (what compounds/medicines ), and is it better than just taking oral antibiotics? Just curious. Thanks.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Anonymous
It depends, it can be an antibiotic, but if there is a lot of swelling or inflammation it can also be cortisone or anti-inflammatory medication. If it is antibiotic, it may work faster than when you take pills
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.