Question
Posted by: kay | 2005/06/10

Flu

I'm 7months pregnant and have the flu very bad. My whole body is aching and I cant stop coughing. My doctor told me the only medication I can take is Panado, but it does not help for anything. I am a single parent of a one year old and need to focus my energy on him when I come home from work, so I cant afford to feel so terrible as I get irretated with him. Please tell me what I can do or take.

You can take Benylin cough syrup, Strepsils, Iliadin nasal spray, depending on your symptoms.

1
Posted by: Preggies | 2005/06/10

Did you phone your Gynie? I had a terrible flu in my 5th month, and had a fever. My doctor immediately admitted me in hospital. The fever can make your uterus contract and you may go into labour. The constant coughing can also irritate your uterus. Please go and see you gynie / obstetrician IMMEDIATELY. He/She will know exactly what to do. Keep yourself hydrated, check you fever, and DO NOT take ANY medicine that has not been approved by your doctor.

Reply to Preggies