Question
Posted by: Worried | 2004/03/02

Flu

I am about 7 weeks pregnant, I have got the flu at the moment. Will it be ok for me to get anti-biotics or will it harm my baby??

Many antibiotics are safe in pregnancy, but not all. Be sure that your doctor knows that you are pregnant so that you are given an antibiotic that is safe to use in pregnancy.

3
Posted by: Norma | 2004/03/02

I also had a bad flu, think I was about 10weeks or so, doc didn't want to give me anything. Sorry to say, but you will have to take panado's and get some vitamin C, and like Kippie said, you need to rest.

Hope you feel better soon.

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/03/02

I also had flu at 15 weeks and all I could use was local things for my throat and blocked nose. With that you can take panados to relieve the body aches.
Nothing else, I'm afraid.
Drink plenty of water and rest when ever you can. It took me about a week to get over it.

Reply to Kippie
Posted by: MICHELLE | 2004/03/02

GO TO YOUR DOCTORS AND HE WILL PRESCRIBE YOU WITH WHAT THEY CAN OR PHONE YOUR NIDWIFE UP AND ASK HER.

Reply to MICHELLE