Question
Posted by: Sussie | 2005/07/22

Floppy heartvelve syndrome

I was diagnosed with floppy heartvalve syndrome.
I would like to know if this is a serious condition and will it be necessary for an operation later?
I do sometimes get heart pulpitations and are short of breath.
I am 36 years young.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Sussie,

The condition is also known as Barlows syndrome, and is quite common. A percentage of patients do develop a leaky valve after several years, and this may need surgery. In the meantime, your cardiologist will manage the condition with medication.

It is important that you go for regular checkups, to monitor the function of your valve. This will probably be done by regular echo-cardiograms, a form of ultrasound.

If you would like more information on the condition, try the Mayo Clinic website at Mayoclinic.org : this is a site dedicated to patient information, and is written in plain English.

Good luck.

HeartDoc

1
Posted by: pxnrz35@ebay.com | 2006/07/10

funny ringtones

Reply to pxnrz35@ebay.com