Question
Posted by: scorpio | 2006/11/02

flight / flight

I am constantly in a state of flight or fright. I notice that my body and mind are constantly tense. I actually have to consiously say to myself relax. Nothing I can think of is stressing me out. I am having CBT and am on medication. What else would help me?

You don't mention how long you have been receiving either treatment for. The right sorts of medication and CBT sounds like a combination that ought to be effective, after a few weeks or less. I don't know if you started with a full assessment from a psychiatrist, as a physical assessment is useful, too, as occasionally there can be some phjysical causes of such a state, which need attention in their own right, such as an over-active thyroid gland

2
Posted by: kat | 2006/11/02

generaly people only feel like that when they feel traped or pushed intoa corner, what are you running from.

Reply to kat
Posted by: Echelle | 2006/11/02

Is there a reason why you are so stressed out?

Reply to Echelle