Question
Posted by: Ang | 2006/11/03

Fleas wont say die!

I have a little maltese cross that up until a couple months ago was flea free. I have given her programme (which i know takes a while to kick in) i have tried tick & flea shampoo, to no avail, used Frontline, which did nothing, gave her several Capstar pills, but as soon as it wears out the fleas are back... have treated the environment, sprayed her bed, ours, carpets, sofas, every possible area... what now? she has big scabs on her head from scratching and seems to be developing an alergy to fleas. she is very disturbed and annoyed (understandably) by the infestation. I am beyond myself at what to do.

It sounds as of you have a severe infectation. Have you used the household spray from your vet. Remember Program does not kill adult fleas. Frontline should kill them and have a residual effect. Combination treatments are best and can be obtained from your vet. (Frontline, household and Program etc.)

1
Posted by: Joan | 2006/11/03

take her to to the parlour for a good wash and dip and after a day or so once her skin has settled but spot on plus its in silver box and put it on every six weeks but dip her before hand, i bet my life on this routine i have a daxie and we live on a farm and its never failed.
Good luck!

Reply to Joan