Question
Posted by: san | 2003/12/31

fleas

Hi ,

My niece and her puppy came to visits us, went they left the was some fleas in our home, and it seems we can't get rid of them,they don't bite my family as much as they bite me and my little one of 6 mnths , is the any product that i can use so that they won't but me.

hope you'll find something !!!!!!!!

brgds
san

Expert ImagePharmacist

Your local pharmacy or vet should be able to supply a flea powder which can be used around the house to exterminate the fleas. I don't know of any product, to be used on humans, which you can apply to prevent being bitten by fleas. People sometimes apply citronella oil mixed with aqueos cream to prevent mosquito bites - maybe it will work against flea bites too.

You can apply a mild cortisone cream or an antihistamine cream to existing bites, to ease the itching.