Question
Posted by: Mom2be | 2005/01/11

Flea control

What is safe to use on my cats for fleas? I am pregnant and not sure if flea powder is safe for me? What do you recommend?

There are excellent products available from your veterinarian that will be safe both to yourselves and to cats. They are far are safer and more effective than the supermarket type product. Just pop in to your vet and get one of these products.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town

1
Posted by: Chill | 2005/01/12

Flea powder is a very short-term and ineffective solution, and I also don't know if it's safe for you.

Talk to your vet - there is a whole range of anti-flea products available which ARE safe. Some of them are long-term, some short, and you may need to combine the two if there's a big infestation at the moment.

Reply to Chill