Question
Posted by: nel | 2006/07/21

Flaxseed (Linseed) oil

Hi Doc, I've been given Flaxseed (Linseed) oil by a herbalogist a week ago. I had very bad dry skin on my face which was itchy and red. He said that the fatty balance in my system was not right and that the flaxseed oil would help to correct this. Like I said I've been using this for a week now and my face is much better now. Could you please give me more info on Flaxseed oil - what it's used for, side effects, etc. I'd also like to know if this would help me pick up some weight.

Dear Nel
It basically contains healthy omega 3 and 6 oils. You can also buy the capsules. It won't really make you pick up weight.
See also http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/flaxoil.htm
we tend to take in omega 3 and 6 in the wrong proportions with the modern diet.