Question
Posted by: Charl | 2004/02/27

Flax oil with Omega 3, can that give you rash

I was told i have to much carbohydrates,in my diet due to very red pimples i got in my face, can this flax oil not be the down fault of it, as i used 2 bottles already.

Expert ImageNatural health

Hi Charl

It is better to eat the fresh fish or raw linseeds than taking a supplement. This way you will not only receive the Omega 3 oil, but also all the other vital components the body needs to utilise the oil best.

Kind regards.

Estie

1
Posted by: john | 2004/02/27

No - if you eat too much carbs taking flaxseed oil will not help - the most effective way of improving skin conditions is restricting your carb intake. Once you do this you can include good quality oils like olive, canola, avocado and flaxseed (flaxseed is not really necessary). The oil that you really need to watch out for is sunflower.

Curing these conditions takes some time and perseverence.

There are a number of foods that can be implicated - namely wheat, rice, MARGARINES, SUGAR, milk (lactose), various fruits.

If you follow a carb restricted diets all these foods are automatically excluded.

I speak from experience as I had a terrible skin condition for over 30 years and only recently have completely cleared it by following a carb restricted diet. It took about 3 months to see a difference.

For more info contact me at jstrats@iafrica.com

Reply to john