Question
Posted by: Tired | 2004/02/24

Flatulance

What can I do to stop flatulance? It is a great embaressment to me. I do not eat beans or nuts or eggs or all the usual stuff you get warned against and still I am flatulant ALWAYS. Is there pills I should take or can it be dairy that causes the problem? Please help, I fear going near people because of this, I'm afraid they might smell me.

Dear Tired
Because bloating and flatulence can be caused by so many different conditions (ulcers, colitis, gallbladder problems, enzyme deficiencies, food allergy, etc), you first need to have a medical examination so that we can get a diagnosis as to what is causing the problem before we make dietary changes. Self-diagnosis of allergies and food intolerances is self-defeating. So have that checkup and then we can see what changes are required.
Hang in there