Question
Posted by: pinkie | 2006/07/20

flat tummy and flabby laps

hello, please i would like to know what i can do to have a flat tummy. every exercise i do seems to make it potrude more and even expand at the sides. also i would like to know what i can do to firming up my lap muscles so they dont get flabby.

Hi Liz

I can't agree more with the post on the forum already - cardio and healthy eating are the way to go. The best thing for you to focus on is cardio training because it is this type of training that helps you burn fat the fastest, and that is exactly what you need. So while I will agree that there are specific exercises, like crunches and situps that help, they do not actually resolve the key issue, which is that you have storage of fat tissue in specific areas - an extremely common problem, you will see on this forum!

So by cardio, we are talking walking, running, cycling, swimming, taebo - anything that lifts the heart rate. It is suggested that you do this about 4 to 5 days a week for 40 minutes at a time, minimum. Then to this, you must add the exercises like crunches and situps, which are still the old-fashioned best way to go.

Finally, look very very closely at your diet, because even the best exercise routine in the world can be undermined if you do not eat very well. for this, the best is to see a dietician, and make 100% sure you are on the right track. it's a difficult problem, best attacked from all angles!

1
Posted by: sporty | 2006/07/21

Healthy eating combine with cardio.weight training also helps when you build more mussle it burns fat.

Reply to sporty