Question
Posted by: QueenZiggy | 2005/11/22

Flat feet

My daughter is 21 years old and has very flat feet. She has orthotics in her shoes and only wears green cross shoes when she wants to wear sandals. However her feet are always painful and I want to know if there is anything more that can be done to help her.

Expert ImageArchive

The first thing is to review her orthotics, either at the podiatrist who didi them, (preferable) or get another opinion.
If orthotics are not offering her anyrelief at all then a trip to a foot and ankle surgeon may be necessary
One point how oftenis she wearing her orthotics, very often I hear of women who are great in winter because they wear orthotics in closed shoes, and in summer they have foot pain because they are now in sandals and not wearing orthotics and I am told my orthotics are no longer working, which is true because you have to wear them in order for them to work (I am not saying this is the case here, but it could be)
My advice is to return to your podiatrist for a follow up, there are ways to wear orthotics in certain sandals