Question
Posted by: Rachel | 2004/12/09

Flat chess ??

Hi Fitness Doc,

I lost 10kg over a period of 3 months. I've reached my target weight now and I'm over the moon. The only "thing" I didn't expect was the impact it was going to have on my Boobs. I was a normal healthy size (happy with it) they weren't very firm at the time as age, lack of exercise played the main role. But now that I'm at my goal weight ..... cosh they are so small and it looks like I've breast fed 70 babies (and I don't have children). They are flatter than pancakes.

My question is this, what exercise could I do, to firm the two little ones up now(I now push ups are one option), as I wear padded bra's now. I've started exercises, but besides the "other" loose/flat muscles, my boobs worry me the most because they look the worst and I've always been proud of them.

Thanks for all the advise and time !!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel

HI Rachel

I would suggest that in addition to the push ups, you try various pectoral exercises such as bench press and incline bench press. The problem is that the breasts are fat tissue, and so it's not like targetting the calf muscle and trying to improve the definition. What you can do is to strengthen the underlying muscle in an attempt to firm up the breasts on top, but the unfortunate thing is that you must realise is that this will work to a limited extent only, and it’s important to realise that firming up the breasts also involves losing some weight, because this is basically what the breasts are – fat accumulations. SO, cardio exercise is as important as these exercises. Therefore, keep going with what you have done and over time, the problem may go full circle and solve itself.