Question
Posted by: Heather | 2004/11/15

Flabby skin after weight loss

I have lost 54kg to date and have another 54kg to go. I want to try and prevent having too much flabby skin once I reach my goal. I have various ideas on how to do this. Who is the best 'expert' to approach? My areas of concern are upper arms and stomach. I am currently toning at the gym but want to know if it would help if I wore a 'girdle' type panties every day to try and lift the stomach a bit. I am also using toning cream and massaging (which has helped for my double chin so far). Where am I wasting my time? What can I do to minimize the flabby skin problem?

Dear Heather
You are an incredible *****star***** for losing 54 kg. This amounts to another whole person. I cannot tell you how I admire your achievement. At the Obesity Congress which I attended a few weeks ago, there was a poster on "Plastic & Reconstructive Body Contouring in the Post Gastric Banded Patient' by Rappi and coauthors who are based in Graz, Austria. In this poster they demonstrated that these methods were successful in reshaping the body after massive weight loss. I don't think that the girdle type panties will help as you need to strengthen your muscles. I would, therefore, suggest that you continue with the exercise (which is good for firming up) and the toning cream and massage, but also make an appointment with a plastic surgeon and discuss body contouring with him/her - find out all the pros and cons and also the costs. Do ask if the plastic surgeons you phone do this type of reconstructive surgery esp on arms, tummies, etc and then go to one that does use these techniques.
Holding thumbs that you become all sleek and firm.

2
Posted by: Heather | 2004/11/17

Hi Maria

I lost 30kgs (lost 45 then put on 15) doing the Body for Life programme (exercising and eating 6 times a day) but the large quantity of protein made me ill. I then lost another 10 with a crash diet (not recommended - messed up my endochrine system). I am now at Weighless where I have lost 14kgs in just under 2 months. I recommend you to look at Weighless as an option but it is very important that you exercise regularly as well.

Reply to Heather
Posted by: Maria | 2004/11/16

Hi Heather,

How did you loose so much wait and how long did it took you? Im desperate to loose some weight at mu bums,theights,and upper arms...What can i do??

Reply to Maria