Posted by: nique | 2004/02/21

Flabby knees

Is there any way to reduce the extra skin/flab around my knees. No matter how much gym or running I do, I cannot get rid of this problem.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageArchive

Dear Nique,

Liposuction or surgery is an option. The main problem is scarring in this area, due to the movement of the knee (in the case of surgery). Please consult with a plastic surgeon for a reasonable assessment.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: genioatrapado | 2004/03/15

Well, I just would like to understand the scarring in the area. I don't doubt it, I would just like to understand it. I think that a lot of people envision their knees as being fat or flabby or something, but knees are knees - you know? What exercises could target the muscle group around the knees? Anybody know?

Reply to genioatrapado
Posted by: heather | 2004/03/15

how ridiculous...i have the same a size 8-10, and im 16 years of expect me to have surgery as well? i have never had such insulting advice...i also have done a lot of toning based exercise and the problem hasnt gone away! any sensible advice people?

Reply to heather

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.