Question
Posted by: YCA | 2004/11/16

FLABBY ARMS

I exercise regularly, am well proportioned but, for the life of me, cannot get rid of that flabby bit where the triceps are supposed to be. Okay, okay, I'm also 35 which may contribute to it but please help me.........what exercises can I do to, at least, reduce this flabbiness.

Hi YCA

This is a very difficult problem, and i won't lie to you by saying that it just involves more time, or more exercise or a change in diet. The truth is that it might involve these, and certainly I think that you should continue with your exercise, and look at diet as well. But, the bottom line is that you are fighting against a natural process which will occur with ageing and also it's a natural phenomenon.

So, in my opinion, what you can change with your training is to possibly add some arm exercises - tricep dips, tricep pulldowns, tricep curls with dumbells etc. You also have to maintain your cardio training while you are doing this.

Remember that this is a very very common problem, and so just hang in there, exercise for the love of it and to get fitter, and then hopefully it will take care of itself, but it is important that you don't make this the be all and end all of the training.