Question
Posted by: Chicken | 2007/05/09

FIXED TERM CONTRACT & NOTICE

I have been working on a part-time / flexi basis for a company since 12 March 2007. I have no written contract but we agreed I would work until the end of May as I am expecting a baby early in June. My question is, what happens if I have my baby before the end of May - would I owe the company "notice"?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

If you have to go off on maternity leave, you do not owe the company notice.

MICHAEL BAGRAIM

1
Posted by: jb | 2007/05/11

You only need to give 24 hours notice that is all. But if there is no contract you don't even have to. Non-written contracts usually means no-contract.

Reply to jb