Question
Posted by: Jac | 2008/01/12

Five?

Hi Diet Doc, We are constantly reminded to have five portions of fruit and vegetables a day. So what are they saying, five portions of fruit and five portions of vegetables a day?Phew.I would be as fat as a pig in no time.Could you please give me a sample of such a diet?.I thank you.

Dear Jac
The recommendation is for you to eat 5 portions of plant products (fruit or vegetables) a day, not a total of 10! Even if you ate more plant products you would not really gain weight as most vegetables and many fruits are low in energy because of their high water and fibre contents. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a diet that contains plenty of fruit and vegetables.

1
Posted by: Jac | 2008/01/13

hi Diet Doc, Thank you for your quick reply. I will read your articles again.

Reply to Jac