Question
Posted by: peaches | 2003/01/07

Fits - while sleeping? or just Dog Tired?

I woke up 2 nights ago and found myself on the floor, still entangled in the duvet. I found it extremely surprising that a fall from the bed(standard height), didn't wake me. When I got up later, I felt exhausted and my limbs were heavy. This could be because I had only had 4 hours sleep? Later I discovered that I had holes/sores on both sides of my tongue where I had obviously been clenching my jaw, which I tend to do. I have a 'gum guard' that I'm supposed to wear while sleeping. I'm not sure if it's because my tongue is injured, but nothing tastes the way it should.

Peaches, I can’t really say whether you had a fit or not, but have you considered the possibility that you might have bitten your tongue when you fell out of bed? I think you don’t have to worry too much, but if it happens again the best would be to see your doctor. Good luck.