Posted by: Tania | 2008/09/23

fitness girls

Those women who do those fitness contests have unreal bodies. Not the bodybuilding women, the fitness ones.

Can u guve an idea of what sort of regime they are on, just a broad overview? Or do they owe it mainly to genetics? Their bodies are so beautiful it is not real, esp the butts, tummies and thighs. Sculpted sculpted sculpted, what is the secret?

Hi Tania

Honestly, I'm not sure what the details of their training are. A huge part of it is genetics, there's no doubt about that. They are people who would likely have very good figures without any training at all, and then the exercise they do refines that further.

The training would be intensive - an elite athlete (and they will be similar) would do between 10 and 14 sessions a week, which means training twice a day on most days. Those training sessions will likely be divided equally between cardio and weight type training, meaning that they probable do both every day. Total training time per day is likely between 3 and 4 hours, giving them 15 to 20 hours of training a week. It's a very demanding programme, and not one that you can get away with outside of being a full-time athlete. Of course, you will find full-time people who achieve 99% of the result with less training, but these are mostly professional athletes.

Diet is also a major part. However, I'd be guessing there. One point I must make is that they are often very unhealthy, because they hammer their bodies into shape before letting go again. Their diets are often erratic, consisting of crash dieting and then massive eating later, dictated by the competition schedule. There's no long term knowledge of what happens to them, but I can assure you, they are rarely as healthy as you might believe. I believe that people who do regular training in moderation can achieve a similar level of fitness without the excesses.

Posted by: Tania | 2008/09/23

Come now Mom you' ve seen them they usually wear high heels on stage then they have a posing stage of the contest and also a gymnastics and dancing stage. Their bodies are flawless. Not too muscular, not too soft and curvy. Exactly in between - its a killer combination. Fitness expert, back me up!

Reply to Tania
Posted by: mom | 2008/09/23

what fitness contests?
i think the ladies who dance in dancing with the stars have the best bodies!

Reply to mom