Question
Posted by: SlowBeat | 2004/10/12

Fit? dont think so.

Hi Doc, Im a bit overweight, not much, but i am. I recently lost 20kg's, but havent been dieting or exercising for a while, but have maintained my weight! but because of work i find it very hard to fit in exercise, but eventually i will!! But my question is: I have a very slow heart rate, normally associated with fit people! it usually around 60, give or take 5 beats. its been 52 bpm at times! this is not normal, and im wondering, Does my slow heart rate make it harder for me too lose weight! because lately i find that its very hard to lose weight!!! Ps im not fit at all. any advice? thanking you, SlowBeat.

SlowBeat, it might be due to an under active thyroid, drugs you’re taking or even a heart problem. The best would be to see your doctor and make sure it isn’t something serious. Good luck.