Question
Posted by: Lana | 2006/07/19

Fist time

It is very interesting to read threw the questions about AI. I want to go for it next year. I'm 31 years old and still a Virgin. Don't believe in S*X before marriage. And the men don't stick around if you don't jump into bed with them. But that is not going to prevent me from having a child. There is one thing I'm really very nervous about. Apparently there is tests you have to go through before doing the AI. Can somebody tell me what this tests are? I've never been to a Gynea.

Thanks for such a great website!!!!

Dear Lana

If your menstrual cycle is absolutely normal, then there is no reason to have any serious investigations done. Simple monitoring of ovulation can be all that is necessary and this can be done accomplished by using urinary ovulation testing kits. When ovulation is noted or is predicted to occur you can visit a fertility centre or the cryobank and have an intra-vaginal insemination done atraumatically.