Question
Posted by: Traci | 2006/07/18

Fissures

Hi Doc I wander if you can advise, I have had fissures removed three times now, and today noticed after bowel movement that there was blood. However did not worry to much then when I went to the toilet about an hour and half there was still blood if you wipe, I then bathed and dried and wiped agin and there was still blood. What should I do, and will they just again strech the skin. Also it seems to burn after I have been to the toilet. I am very nervous about having the muscle cut! Please let me know.
Traci

Hi Traci
Try using a stool softner like Lactulose for a month or so. Use Scheriproct ointment or suppositories to reduce the swelling and pain.
Read http://www.medicinenet.com/anal_fissure/page4.htm