Question
Posted by: Handy Andy | 2005/12/08

Fishy Smell

I know this question sounds weird, but everytime after i have consumed seafood, I can smell it in my urine and vaginal discharge. Sometimes i get a very strong smell of ammonia as well! i find this very embarrassing!!!!!

Dear Handy Andy,
The fishy smell in the vaginal fluid could be a sign that you have a higher than normal bacterial load in the vagina. Try rinsing the vagina with Betadine douche twice a day for 5 days. Some things do get excreted in urine, good example is asparagus - drink lots of water and try and identify the culprit so that you can leave it alone!