Question
Posted by: MOK | 2004/12/22

First timers

Actually a comment rather than a question. In your article for first timers you mentioned an important aspect, that being the use of contraceptions such as condoms. However, later in the article it is mentioned that you can use KY Jelly and other vaselines. The problem is you have not informed these inexperienced people that condoms can't be used in conjunction with these lubricants.

You are doing good work though and hope you don't see the feedback as overall criticism cos it is not intended to be like that.

Thanks form your comment, but not all articles written

3
Posted by: FF | 2004/12/22

All water based lubes are condom friendly. Oil-based ones should be avoided when using together with condoms.

What happens with oil based lubes is that they break down the latex which the condoms are made of, and this leads to weakening and possible breakage of the condom.

It has happened to me personally when using baby oil, a long time ago. I was still in varsity at the time, and that month was a really long one waiting for my girlfriend at the time's period to come on. Fortunately it did.

It is advisable to use extra lubes if the woman does not produce sufficient natural lubrication, as happens with some women. When there is too much friction the skin does get sensitive and could even tear, and that opens up a whole new alley for diseases. The only time that additional lubrication is not recommended is when trying to conceive, as some lubricants damage the sperm so they cannt function normally once inside the vagina/uterus.

Reply to FF
Posted by: ...... | 2004/12/22

I possibly agree with you about Vaseline, but with regards to KY Gel if you read the back of the boxes it clearly says you can use it with condoms.

Reply to ......
Posted by: babe | 2004/12/22

I have to agree with Mok on that, if there is going to b control of H.I.V as well as unwanted pregnancies, then there is a need to inform youngters out there, what they are going to need to know about sex and the circumstances thereof

Reply to babe